Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Today's the Day: Book Launch Day!

Happy Monday! Or should I say Happy Launch Day! That's right... the amazing book I have been honored to be included in launches TODAY!!

Follow the link in the upper right hand corner and order your copy of the book TODAY!
Let's see if someone other than my mom buys a copy;)

I am extremely proud to announce that I am one of 50 fantastic contributors to this new anthology, including a foreword from Jill Smokler of Scary Mommy. This collection of essays about women’s friendship is a reflection of just how important these relationships can be. 

All women’s friendships tell a story. These 50 women writers paint real pictures of friendship; in addition to paying homage to the beauty and power of their relationships, they share the gritty details of bitter friendship breakups and uncomfortable life transitions. This anthology will enable readers to find their own stories in the words of others, cause them to reflect on their own unique friendship history, and perhaps even inspire them to rekindle connections with women who have shaped them. The authors of this book share their stories of friendship loss, enduring bonds from childhood, navigating the transition to motherhood, and renegotiating the role of friendship in their adult lives. The diverse essays in this collection will evoke tears, laughter, and a deep recognition and appreciation for the friends with whom women everywhere share their lives.

I had the privilege of reading the book this weekend I can tell you that with every single essay I read, I felt as if the author was talking about my life in some way.  The universality of motherhood is undeniable and the same can be said about friendships. 

You can learn more about our project and our fantastic contributors at The HerStories Project website (http://www.herstoriesproject.com), and our book is now available on Amazon! For our Launch Day today, we would love your support. You can buy a copy of our book—available in paperback and Kindle-- and spread the word to your friends! We think the book would make a fantastic holiday gift for women- the perfect present for your girlfriend or sister.

Just click on the link on the upper right hand corner of this page and it will take you directly to Amazon.com to order your copy (or copies;) today! Think anyone other than my mom will buy it?

Who knew I'd end up in a book? A real book?
I guess that's now my normal.

5 comments:

Night Owl said...

seems like this would be a good book.

Stephanie Sprenger said...

Love it, Vicky! We are SO happy to have you as part of this book- cheers!

Nina Badzin said...

This has been so fun launching the book all together!

Galit Breen said...

I really love what you wrote about feeling like each essay was somehow a shared experience! Oh my, YES!

Happy pub day to you! So exciting!

Stacey OneFunnyMotha said...

Hey, congrats!!

Post a Comment